FALCN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New pilots read this first

3 posters

Go down

New pilots read this first Empty New pilots read this first

Post  Oori Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:43 pm

Originally posted by Spacey:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There are a lot of new faces in this forum, which means new faces in space. This is a great thing, so let me say, "Welcome aboard!" However, there are certain things each new community member should know. So, without further delay, let us begin!

(Disclaimer: This is meant to be a compilation of the basic code of conduct used by the honorable men and women of the Pilot Community.)

Please stay on topic - If a situation requires debate, let us go debate it in a different thread. Also, no flames, please.

"I" below represents you, the pilot.
1. Leveling Up.

A. I understand grinding out pilot experience can be difficult at times and is also quite tedious, but the stick time is well worth the investment. Take advantage of it to learn your craft. More often than not, the difference between a good pilot and a great pilot is how much time they have on the stick. I hold this to be true and will strive to be the best pilot I can be.

B. I know if I have problems with a mission, there are Pilots willing to help here on the forums and I can ask those noble pilots for their assistance. I trust I will be helped if they are available.

C. I will learn to use Droid Commands.
Droid Command FAQ

D. I will check the FAQ before posting questions about career progression, how to do the vette and how to Ace/Master. If I am unable to find what I am looking for, I will post my question. I will not expect to be flamed for asking my question.
FAQ ---> FAQ

2. PvP

A. Deep Space is a PLAYER vs PLAYER zone. I will only go into Deep Space when I am willing to accept being killed by another player. I will accept whatever outcome I face with honor and dignity. I must always try to learn from my mistakes in addition to my successes.

B. PvP Events are scheduled on numerous servers. I will obey the rules of the event (ie. No JSF/GSF, Missiles, load killing, etc). I will never interfere with scheduled PvP events.

C. I will not load-kill, ever. This is extremly poor form and will quickly earn me a high spot on the priority targeting list.

D. I acknowledge that missiles are an integral part of JtL, including PvP. I acknowledge that countermeasures are available to me to protect myself from missiles. I shall not hate my enemy for using missiles against me and I expect my enemy to not hate me for using missiles as well.

E. I will not bad-mouth my opponent if I lose. I will not send them hate tells and call them names. I will respect the outcome of the fight and challenge them again, if I so desire.

F. I will remember it is just a game and we are playing to have fun and it is our responsibility to police ourselves. I will never purposefully interfere with someone else's gaming fun.

3. Posting on the Forums.

A. I will be constructive in my posts when identifying issues with SWG.

B. I will never attack another pilot personally on the forums. I may disagree, but I will not attack them for having a different opinion.

C. I will not get into a name-calling match nor fight on the forums.

4. Common Courtesy.

A. I understand we are the last bastion of chivalry and nobility. I understand I have great responsibilities as a result of this charge. I swear to uphold these ideals and treat my enemy with respect and honor. I expect no less from my enemy. I accept we are at war and I may be killed during the course of combat. We are not at peace, but we are still honorable men and women.

B. I will not make posts attacking the Development Staff. I do not know their situation and cannot be certain they are not extremely busy working towards our goals. I must trust in our Galactic Senate to ensure our issues are being heard. Attacking the Devs on the forums will not help and only distracts from the real issues.

C. I will not troll the forums looking to start trouble.

D. I will not interfere with pilots conducting normal flight operations. Of course if these operations are in a PvP Zone, I am free to shoot them down. However, I must not harass pilots ever. I will either engage my opponent or I will let them be.

E. I will always try to be a good sport about things, win or lose. Whether winning or losing there are lessons to be learned. No one is perfect.

F. I will respect my fellow pilot. I will not grief them. I have the ability and freedom to attack any unengaged enemy craft I see fit to attack. There are no "Camps" in JtL, only enemy fighters. I understand hogging a spawn, when someone else was there first, is poor form. I also understand attacking my fellow pilots' targets is rude. I acknowledge there are no shortages of enemies in space and if I must have a spawn that will not be competitive, I can always do a duty mission. By not conducting a duty mission I accept the fact I may have to share my spawn with other players. Even though I may have to share my spawn with other players, I do not have to suffer through spawn-jacking. I can compete for the spawn or I can move on. If I should decide to compete with a fellow player, I should do my best not to interfere with their hunt and I will definitely not attack a craft they has already been engaged. I expect the same from my fellow pilot. After all, space is too big to fight over a single ship.

Closing Thoughts...

1. Learn from your mistakes, strive to overcome your weaknesses, receive humbly your acheivements, and always give credit where credit is due. Lastly, if you do win in a PvP event or come out the victor be generious in your praise of your opponent and help them if they ask for feedback or let them know what other ways they can improve if they are open to such. Who knows, your current enemy may one day be your staunchest ally.

2. When asking for help, be respectful. When help is given, be grateful and be sure to thank the person who helped you. You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar, besides you never know when it will be you being asked for help! Treat others how you would like to be treated.

3. Dont be a jerk and be good to each other.
[url][/url]
Oori
Oori
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

New pilots read this first Empty Re: New pilots read this first

Post  Lemmie_King_of_Banland Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:45 am

also, do NOT bend over around anyone in FALCN.

Lemmie_King_of_Banland
Forum whore
Forum whore

http://www.bloodfinforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leth Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Lemmie_King_of_Banland wrote:also, do NOT bend over around anyone in FALCN.

QFE
Leth
Leth
Forum whore
Forum whore

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmie_King_of_Banland Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:59 pm

Leth wrote:
Lemmie_King_of_Banland wrote:also, do NOT bend over around anyone in FALCN.

QFE
double QFE

Lemmie_King_of_Banland
Forum whore
Forum whore

http://www.bloodfinforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leth Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:23 pm

+1
Leth
Leth